- Our 15 Aug, 2010 show at Kensico was very successfull... all picz have been posted on facebook and orkut... all vidoes have been posterd on youtube
Gargi and Srishti's performances at the Greenburg Public Library on Tues Jul 27 at 7 pm are now on youtube
- We had a very successful presented of Kathak (tarana) on Sat May 8 at IACAW
(Westchester, NY) and Vocal at ICSR (Rockland, NY)
- We had a very successful Spring Concert on Sun Mar 21, 2010 from 1:30 to 4:30 pm
- 5th Winter Concert of Asavari on Sat Nov 7, 2009 featuring Hindustani Classical Vocal and Kathak was superb.
- Kathak and Contemporary)recitals on Sat Oct 3 (Eid Gala) and Sun Oct 4 (Durga
Puja)... below are the details... would love to see u then... we have been given
prime time for both our concerts... our costumes were very gorgeous ...
1. Sat Oct 3 - 8:30/9 pm - Ghazals and Qawali based dances by Gargi and group at Sterling , LI.
contact: Shahid Akbar & Rubina Akbar at (631) 804-4454, (631) 786-9187, (631) 368-5181
2. Sun Oct 4 - 6:30/7 pm - Bengali and Hindi devotional based dances by Gargi and group at GUJRATI SAMAJ HALL, 173-15 Horace Harding Expressway, Fresh Meadows,
NY - 11365,
- 4th Winter Concert (Classical Vocal and Kathak) on Sat Jan 17, 2008 from
4 to 7 pm was very successful
- Kathak performance on Sun Nov 2, '08 at Tuckahoe Library.
- Kathak performance at www.ecdpa.org on Sun evenig Oct 12, '08... and Kathak performance at the South Street Sea Port, NYC on Sun aftrenoon Oct 5, '08... hosted by Sony TV were great hits.
- Succesful Kathak performance on Sun Sep 14, '08... New Main Street @ 3rd Street in Haverstraw, NY around 1:30 pm.
- Kathak performance at the Nanuet Mall, Rockland County (Spring Valley exit)
on Sun Aug 10, '08... after 3 pm... was very successful
- Kathak performance at the Indian Heritage Fair show, Kensico, Valhalla on Sun Aug 3, '08.... was very successful
- Sat July 26, '08 - Kathak concert at George Street Playhouse, New Brunswick, NJ... was
- Sat June 7, 2008 - Spring Concert from 5:30 to 9:30 pm (house concert - invitation only) was successful..
- 3rd Winter Concert - Sat Nov 17, 2007 at 6 pm which included Vocal, Kathak and Hindi poetry; introducing the participants
of the dance drama "Dr. Q?" followed by dinner at Yorktown Heights, NY (invitation only), was very successful.
Kathak Dance Drama - Asavari's Annual Concert 2008
Story, Dialogue, Direction and Music selection by Gargi Bagchi, Co-director - Chandon
Kathak performance by Gargi and her students of Asavari and drama performance
by the friends of our American & Indo-Pak community
Asavari's 12th Annual Concert (June 2009) - Kathak dance drama project
Here is the list of some great events from the end of the year 2002 till
current... only some are listed... the house concerts are not listed because
of the bulk...
- Asavari's 10th Annual Concert featuring Hindustani Classical Vocal, Sitar, and a dance drama "Shayer
Niyaz Ki Mohabbat" based on Kathak was very successful. It is a love story based on Lucknow and Lahore. DVD of the concert is now ready to be ordered... also, please view some of the photographs of the concert as posted below.
So far, we have performed Kathak dance dramas on the following theme:
a. Love (tragedy and romance) -
Shiva-Parvati Pic1, Pic2, Pic 3, Pic 4
Indian Epics - Ramayana and Mahabharata - Draupadi's Vastraharan
Story composed by Gargi - New!Shayer Niyaz Ki Mohabbat - Niyaz and Noorjehan, Pic 2, Dilawar and Noorjehan, Niyaz and Kohinoor, Drama Group
b. Patriotism - Freedom Movement of India
c. Politics - The Story of Kashmira
- New! Kathak Performance on Sunday Oct 21 around 7 pm - Durga Puja by ECDPA www.ecdpa.org ... including dinner... please view their
web site for address and direction...
GUJRATI SAMAJ HALL
173-15 Horace Harding Expressways
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
- Asavari's concert on Sun Aug 5 (early evening, outdoor event) at Heritage Fair, organized by IACAW was very successful where Asavari has showcased Kathak dances.
- Asavari had performed performed Kathak on Sun Oct 14 afternoon on behalf of AIA at South Street Sea Port... event is Diwali (festival of lights)...
- Kathak was performed by Asavari on Mon Oct 15 at 5:30 pm - White Plains Library (White Plains, NY) - India Day.
- Asavari's 10th Annual Concert on Saturday June 16, 2007 from 3 to 6:45 pm at ... featuring Hindustani Classical Vocal, Sitar, and a dance drama "Shayer
Niyaz Ki Mohabbat" based on Kathak was very successful. It is a love story based on Lucknow and Lahore. Photographs and DVDs will
be released soon.
Winter Concert was held on Saturday, November 18, 2006 in Westchester County.
- Asavari's Summer Concert was held on Saturday June 10, '06 at Rockland county, NY at 5 pm
was very successful. Students and the teachers had
performed Vocal, Kathak, Sitar and Tabla.
- Asavari performed Kathak and Vocal on Sunday Aug 6, '06 (early evening) on behalf of IACAW at the Heritage Fair.
- Sitar performance by Daisy Paradis on Friday March 10, 2006 at 7:30 pm
at Elebash Hall, CUNY Graduate Center, 365 5th Avenue at 34th Street...
- Classical concerts of Vocal, Tabla and Sitar in and around NY for diwali,
durga puja 2005...one of our concerts were on behalf of East Coast Durga
Puja Association by my gurubhai Shri Shantanu Bhattacharya on Sunday Oct
16 at 8 pm organized by me. A couple of our students Srishti and Himani
had a wonderful Kathak performance at the Ranganatha temple at Pomona,
NY on Sunday Nov 6.
- Photo exhibition of Kathak by Gargi and Srishti Bagchi at Westchester Arts Counsil by Richard Falco and his crew - Please see http://www.westarts.com for details. Look for the Cultural Diverse-CITY: Photography exhibit by local teens
- Asavari students had successfully performed Kathak - a Thumri (raga Khamaj / Teentaal) and a Tarana (raga Kalavati / Teentaal) and Tabla recital at Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla, NYon Sunday August 7 organized by IACAW on behalf of India's Independence Day.
- Our 2005 Annual Concert was on Saturday May 7 from 3:30 to 6:45 pm. Please click here to see the sequence of the items. It was a very successful one. Thanks to all our friends and the volunteers
who had attended the concert. Please view the pictures...DVDs of our annual concert are available now.
- Kathak demonstration and presentation by Gargi and Naren in tabla on behalf of Westchester Arts Counsil on Saturday December 18, 3 pm at the White Plains Center. Lucknow and Jaipur style Kathak were presented.
- Gargi and group has successfully performed a dance drama at South Street Sea Port, NYC on Sunday October 3 around 3 pm in the event of Diwali organized by AIA. The theme was "United We Win"... on a story written by Gargi; Dialogue composition, poetries and sayerees selection by Gargi Bagchi,
Vikas Mathur, Ashish Gohil, Syed Saboor and Bakhtiar Ishtiaq. The story is a love triangle of a girl named Kashmira and two men Shivkumar and Azad - who wins Kashmira? The casting are as follows: (Dialogues are pre-recorded)
Dances performed by the students of Asavari and Gary Shergill (NY Film
||a. Kashmira (child) - Srishti Bagchi
b. Kashmira (teenager) - Sarika Mathur
c. Kashmira (adult) - Gargi Bagchi; Dialogue by Gargi Bagchi
d. Shivkumar - Hitesh Patel; Dialogue by Ashish Gohil
e. Azad - Ashish Gohil; Dialogue by Syed A. Saboor
f. Kashmira's mother - Kalpana Patel; Dialogue by Moitri Dutta
- Gargi's and her students' Kathak performance on Tuesday August 17 at New Rochelle Public Library (7 pm) was very successful.
- Gargi and her students' performance in Kathak (Saraswati and Kali Vandana),
Patriotic and Folk dances (Jammu & Kashmir, West Bengal) on Sunday August 8 at Kensico on behalf of India's Independence Day, organized by IACAW,
was very successful. TV Asia has screened a portion of it.
- Gargi's solo Kathak performance was on Friday July 9 at Pace University...
- Asavari performred Kathak on May 16 at Dobbs Ferry, NY organized by IACAW.
Time: 3:30 pm (sharp)
Place: Our Lady of
Parking: Rear side of the bldg there is
- Asavari performed a Bengali Folk dance, a Kashmiri Folk dance and Draupadi's
Vastraharan on April 17 at Paramus Catholic High School Auditorium
Paramus Catholic High School.
425 Paramus Road
Paramus, NJ 07652
Scholl is Opp to Bergen catholic High
between 6:00 to 10:00 pm, organized by Milan Group.
- Asavari's 2004 Annual Concert (flier) was on Saturday March 27 from 3:30 to 5:30 pm (Kathak, Hindustani Classical Vocal and Instrumental) at the Ashbury Hall auditorium at 250 Bryant Ave, White Plains, NY. Please click here to see the sequence of the concert. Please contact me if you want to collect a video or a DVD or a CD. Thanks. Please click here to see some pictures.
- Liberty Science Center (251 Phillip Street Jersey City, NJ 07305) successfully presented a solo concert of Gargi Bagchi on Sunday Oct 19 featuring two Kathak items and a Bengali folk dance between 2 and 4 pm.
- Asavari successfully presented the 'Freedom Movement of India' dance drama at the Deepavali mela at South Street Seaport, NYC (portraying Mahatma Gandhi) on Sunday Oct. 5, 2003 around 3:30 pm.
- Pictures from Asavari's presentation the 'Freedom Movement of India' dance drama in Kathak (portraying the great characters of Netaji Subhash
Chandra Bose, Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev) on Sept 7 (NJ).
- Asavari presented the 'Freedom Movement of India' (Kathak), patriotic songs, classical songs and bhajans (vocal) on Aug 10 (Sunday) '03 at Kensico on behalf of India's Independence Day, organized by Indian
American Cultural Association of Westchester.
- Sat June 21 '03 at 6:00 PM: Asavari presented a classical vocal concert
by Pt. Ajoy Chakrabarty at White Plains. Please view details.
- See our students' page, and viewers' feedback
- Jan 18, '03: Asavari's winter concert at White Plains, NY (see the pictures)
- Nov '02: Vocal workshop at Asavari by Sri Nirmalya Roy
- Nov 9-12, '02: Kathak workshop at Asavari by Nritya Sagar Amita Dutta
- Nov 3, '02: Diwali program at Liberty Science Center, Newark, NJ
- Oct 6, '02: Asavari performed at NYC Diwali event at South Street Seaport
- To view more about the past events, please see the Photo Gallery..